We have been using the online application portal EASY since the 2019/20 university year. Applications for an Erasmus place at the HfMT Cologne can only be submitted via this portal.
- You are a student at a partner university
- You meet all the legal requirements of the Erasmus program
- You have been nominated for the exchange by your university (via EASY)
- You submit the complete documents by the deadline. The portal is open from February 1st to April 15th. open one year. After that no more applications can be submitted!
- application form
- learning agreement
- Tabular CV
- Motivation letter
- 2 photos (passport photos)
- a document with links to 20 minutes of music recordings (audio and / or video) that can be opened e.g. via a dropbox, youtube or similar
- Proof of German language skills level A2
- the portal is from 01.02. - April 15 one year open for applications for both the winter and summer semester.
What happens after you have sent your documents to the University of Music and Dance through your international office?
The university coordinator checks the documents for compliance with the legal requirements and for completeness.
The documents are then passed on to the Erasmus departmental officer, who then selects suitable lecturers or, if a teacher wishes, they can contact the lecturers.
The checked documents will be returned to the coordinator by mid-June with the information as to whether the respective lecturer would like to accept the student in the class or not. This is a recommendation, not a decision.
The final decision lies with the department, which decides on admission in consultation with the coordinator and the prorector for international affairs.
Once you have received a place as an Erasmus student, you will receive a letter of admission and further information for your stay.
If you have any questions or problems, from registering to finding accommodation, the university's support office will be happy to assist you.
Please contact the supervisor at: betreuungsbuero(at)hfmt-koeln(dot)de.
The course catalog of the HfMT Cologne can be found here.
If you have any questions about your learning agreement, you can contact the Erasmus officer of a department directly.
- Faculty 1 (composition, conducting, piano, organ, accordion, guitar, mandolin, composition) Mr. Paulo Alvares, Mail: paulo.alvares(at)hfmt-koeln(dot)de
- Faculty 2 (violin, viola, violoncello, double bass, orchestral direction, baroque instruments and singing, harpsichord) Prof. Hasenauer Mail: ute.hasenauer(at)hfmt-koeln(dot)de, for early music Prof. Hambitzer, Mail: gerald.hambitzer(at)hfmt-koeln(dot)de
- Faculty 3 (woodwinds, brass instruments, drums, harp saxophone) Prof. Robert Winn, Mail: robert.winn(at)hfmt-koeln(dot)de
- Department 4 (Singing, Music Theater) Prof. Kai Wessel, Mail: kai.wessel(at)hfmt-koeln(dot)de
- Department 5 (musicology, education, choir conducting, church music, teaching) Ms. Carmen Hess, Mail: carmen.hess(at)hfmt-koeln(dot)de
- Department 6 (Jazz, Popp) Prof. Anette von Eichel, Mail: anette.voneichel(at)hfmt-koeln(dot)de
- Dance, dance dissemination, dance studies: Prof. Allison Brown, Mail: allison.brown(at)hfmt-koeln(dot)de
Do you have more questions? Then contact Ms. Gecks at heike.gecks(at)hfmt-koeln(dot)de.