Students will be unenrolled if:
- the student requests that their name be removed from the register (see form below),
- the student’s initial enrolment was the result of coercion, fraud by misrepresentation or criminal activity,
- during the course of study, the student fails a compulsory exam required by the examination regulations or the timeframe for registering for such an exam has elapsed,
- the decision to admit a student during the application process has been revoked by the body responsible for that decision,
- the student has successfully completed their course of studies and enrollment is no longer required for further study. Unenrollment is processed by University Administration (the Examination Office)
Students may be unenrolled if:
- the student did not start their degree programme or did not re-register their place on the programme, and any outstanding fees or contributions were not paid despite reminders and notification of a deadline, beyond which time the student would be removed from the register,
- the University cannot determine the student’s place of residence,
- the student fails to prove to the relevant health insurance authority that they have met the requirements set out in the German Social Code (Sozialgesetzbuch),
- the student no longer has the right to participate in a compulsory exam required by the examination regulations,
- after enrolling, the University becomes aware of factors which should have led to the rejection of the student’s application or which could have led to the rejection of the application.
If students fail to re-register their place at the University, they will be unenrolled at the end of the last semester for which they enrolled or re-registered.
In all other cases, students will be removed from the register at the end of the semester during which the decision was made.
Unenrollment certificates are issued by the Administration Office (Sekretariat(at)hfmt-koeln(dot)de)
Applications for unenrollment should include the following:
- A completed unenrollment form
- Proof that the student has returned all instruments and materials belonging to the Hochschule für Musik und Tanz Köln and has paid any outstanding fees or contributions to the University.
- If the student is to be unenrolled with immediate effect, they should include any enrollment certificates or travel tickets that have been issued to them and that would otherwise be valid after the unenrollment date, where applicable.
Applications must be completed in full, signed and submitted to the Administration Office.
More information on the unenrollment process can be found under Section 9 of the current version of the Enrollment Regulations for the Hochschule für Musik und Tanz Köln.