The Senate of the Hochschule für Musik und Tanz Köln is responsible for the following affairs pursuant to Sec. 20 of the Kunsthochschulgesetz NRW:
- Electing the President and Vice Presidents of the University
- Passing and amending the bylaws and regulations of the University
- Proposing and nominating the Chancellor of the University
- Suggestions and opinions on matters regarding art, teaching, artistic development projects, research, artistry, and the curriculum that affect the entire University or central establishment or that are of fundamental importance
- The Senate also decides on the University’s plan for the advancement of women
Current Members of the Senate.