Menü Menü
Student Finance

There are many possible ways of financing your degree course. For example, you can apply for a Tuition Fee loan or for a scholarship or look for a part-time job to do in parallel to your degree course.

  • Germany scholarship (awarded by the university)
  • Cusanuswerk scholarships
  • Heinrich Böll foundation
  • Concerto music scholarships from the Alfred Toepfer Foundation F.S.V.
  • Foundation for the promotion of music degrees at the Cologne HfMT and the Rhine Music School in Cologne

Current application details can be found here.

Your point of contact, in particular for the Germany scholarship, is Ms Katja Gavazi, Room 3.04, Theodor-Heuss-Ring 38-40,

You can find further information on the following websites:

These can offer you support with plans which you might have for a period of study abroad, or may give you funding as a foreign student for your thesis.
  • Promos: the goal here is to finance the mobility of German students, giving them financial support via study scholarships, internships, language courses, summer courses or study tours, including competition and concert tours.
  • Erasmus +: intended to increase the mobility of students by financing a period of study abroad (up to 2 terms).
  • Stibet: this final year scholarship is aimed at those studying abroad who have achieved good academic results and who complete their degree course within a year.

If you have any questions regarding the DAAD scholarships, please contact Ms Heike Gecks, Room 12, mezzanine floor,

You can find further information on the following website: Deutschen Akademischen Austauschdienst (DAAD). 

As well as the many options available online, it is always worth casting a glance at the blackboard near the canteen or in the glass cases of the individual specialist subject areas or other institutions. In particular in the Artists Administration Office, in the Support Office, in the library and also within the specialist subject areas, you will find that adverts for part-time jobs for students (SHK) do crop up every now and then. 

There are also many music schools in the local towns and surrounding areas where you can apply to work as a music teacher.